“AEG Chainsaw and Recreation Competition” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Entries into the promotion open on 24/03/22 and close at 11:59PM AEST on 04/04/22 ("Promotional Period").
5. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period, access their own Facebook or Instagram account and complete the following:
Follow the Promoter’s Instagram page (@aegpowertoolsau) OR like the Promoter’s Facebook page (@aegpowertoolsau); and then
write a comment in the comments section of the Promoter’s post.
Once the above steps have been completed, entrants will receive one (1) entry into the draw. For clarity, entrants can enter the promotion by using Instagram OR Facebook.
6. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
7. Entrants warrant and agree that:
a) they will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that is fraudulent, or may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
b) they will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that the Promoter may deem to be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, offensive, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c) no rights in the entry have been previously granted to any person, corporation or entity;
d) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the entry or who appears (or who's property appears) in the content forming part of the entry;
e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others' computer or communication systems; and
f) the Promoter may remove any content or disqualify any entrant without notice for any reason whatsoever.
8: The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. The draw will take place at Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Limited, 31 Gilby Road, Mount Waverley VIC 3149 on 06/04/22 at 10:00am AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Facebook. Winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s Instagram page and Facebook page from 11/04/22.
12. The first valid entry drawn will win a “AEG Prize Pack” valued at $2,075 RRP (“Prize”). Prize includes:
1 x AEG 18V 12" Brushless Chainsaw Skin (ACS18B) valued at $329.00 RRP;
1 x AEG 18V LED Jobsite Lantern Skin (BHL318-0) valued at $109.00 RRP:
1 x AEG 18V/240V Hybrid Worksite Fan Skin (AHF18240-0) valued at $129.00 RRP;
1 x AEG 18V/240V Hybrid Bluetooth Jobsite Radio Skin (BRFMB18-0) valued at $259.00 RRP;
1 x AEG 18V Cordless Power Source Skin (BHJ18C-0) valued at $35.00 RRP;
1 x AEG 18V/12V Hybrid High Pressure & Volume Inflator/Deflator Skin (BHPV18-0) valued at $179.00 RRP;
2 x AEG 18V 4.0AH FORCE BATTERY (A18FB4) valued at $159.00 RRP
1 x AEG 18V SMART CHARGER (BL1218) valued $139.00 RRP;
1 x AEG 18V BRUSHLESS SUB COMPACT RECIPROCATING SAW SKIN (A18SRSBL0) valued at $219.00 RRP; and
1 x AEG 18V FUSION RECIPROCATING SAW SKIN (A18FRS0) valued at $359.00 RRP.
13. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited.
14. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of a Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. A draw for the Prize, if unclaimed, will take place on 06/06/22 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winner, if any, will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Facebook within two (2) business days of the draw and will be published on the Promoter’s Instagram page and Facebook page from 13/06/22.
16. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. The total prize pool is valued at $2,075.
18. This promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. If an entrant's contact details change at any time after the date which they enter the promotion, that entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Facebook. Instagram and Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, pandemic, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s Instagram page or Facebook page is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
27. If the Prize (or part of) is to be provided to the Promoter by a third party, the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the third party not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the Prize at the time it is issued to a winner will prevail over these Terms and Conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the Prize, any delay or failure relating to the Prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
29. The Promoter is Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Limited (ABN 98 002 277 509), 31 Gilby Road Mount Waverley VIC 3149 (Ph: 1300 361 505). (“Promoter”).