1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Limited (ABN 98 002 277 509) of 31 Gilby Road, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, telephone 1300 361 505.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. No salesperson, representative or agent is authorised by us to give any guarantee, warranty or representation in addition to, or contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
6. The promotional period runs one day a week, weekly from 24/05/2023 - 15/06/2023 (“Promotional Period”) for a total of four days, which will be referred to as (“Promotional Days”).
I. Day 1 – 24/05/2023 12:00pm AEST – 25/05/2023 12:00pm AEST
II. Day 2 – 31/05/2023 12:00pm AEST – 01/06/2023 12:00pm AEST
III. Day 3 – 07/06/2023 12:00pm AEST – 08/06/2023 12:00pm AEST
IV. Day 4 – 14/06/2023 12:00pm AEST – 15/06/2023 12:00pm AEST
The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. No entries will be accepted outside this time unless extended by the Promoter.
7. To enter and have a chance to Win, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
I. Navigate to the AEG Instagram Page @aegpowertoolsau.
II. Follow @aegpowertoolsau.
III. Open our Stories, and screenshot a tool on the 4th slide.
IV. Reshare that screenshot within in the “Promotional Period” on your personal Instagram Stories and tag @aegpowertoolsau.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegal entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The judging will take place at Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Limited, commencing after each promotional period. “Day 1 judging (25th May 1pm AEST). Day 2 judging (1st June 1pm AEST), Day 3 (8th June 1pm AEST), Day 4 (15th June 1pm AEST)”
I. Winners for each “Promotional Day” will be randomly selected. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
II. Winners will be notified by Instagram Direct Message and listed on the AEG website (https://www.aegpowertools.com.au/).
A. Winners will be notified by Instagram Direct Message.
13. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner(s).
14 The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoter will judge all entries received and award 5 Prizes for each “Promotional Day” during the “Promotional Period”. Each entry that’s randomly selected as a winner, will be awarded one AEG Tool with a minimum value of RRP $249 AUD.
16. Prizes will be posted by courier to the address provided by the winner at the time of contact from the Promoter.
17. The winner(s) must respond to claim the prize by 5pm AEST on 22nd June 2023.
18. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
19. Total Number of Pries: 20
20. Prizes include one of the following products:
18V FUSION 125MM ANGLE GRINDER SKIN
18V FUSION 184MM CIRCULAR SAW SKIN
18V FUSION 165MM CIRCULAR SAW SKIN
18V FUSION RECIPROCATING SAW SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS TRIM ROUTER SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS 18GA BRAD NAILER SKIN
18V 4.8MM COMPACT RIVET GUN SKIN
18V 10MM CROWN STAPLER
18V 300ML/600ML CAULKING GUN SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS COLLATED SCREWDRIVER SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS MULTI TOOL SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS 82MM PLANER SKIN
18V 75MM BRUSHLESS BELT SANDER SKIN
18V 550MM FUSION HEDGE TRIMMER SKIN
18V FUSION JET BLOWER SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS LINE TRIMMER SKIN
18V BRUSHLESS PRUNING SAW SKIN
18V FUSION SECATEURS SKIN
18V 4.0AH FORCE TWIN BATTERY PACK
18V 6-PORT SEQUENTIAL CHARGER
21. Total prize pool value is up to RRP $7,980 AUD.
22. Any prize is valued in Australian dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
23. Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the Promotion and they will not be reimbursed for doing so.
24. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images i.e. their Photo (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
I. They will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
II. Their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
III. They will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
IV. They will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
V. They consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
VI. They will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
VII. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
27. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
29. Any cost associated with accessing Instagram is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet or network congestion or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
33. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Instagram Rules, which can be found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms
34. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
35. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions of Entry will be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of Victoria, Australia in connection with the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions.